Student Loan Debt
Private Student Loan Debt
Are you in default or behind on your private student loan or multiple loans? This, as you know, is not an uncommon problem. When you find yourself in financial hardship past due fees and penalties add up quickly and add stress.
Here at Debt Freedom GA we are serious about helping our clients find financial freedom from crushing debt. We can help get you out of default and stop creditors from calling, mailing you and other collection efforts.
We offer a free phone consultation about your private student loan debt for individuals living in Georgia. We can meet virtually to save you time and make the experience more convenient.
**Please note that we are not taking federal student loan cases at this time. For information on how to deal with your federal student loans, we recommend you visit the government’s website at https://studentaid.gov/.
Debt Settlement May be an Option
It is not uncommon for students to take out a both federal and private student loans to pay for an education. Federal Student Loans cannot be settled, but Private Student Loans have more options. We will explore all options with you to help you find financial freedom from your private student loans. Our GA student loan lawyer can help you understand your legal obligations and options. Here are the more common student loans:
Federal Student Loans
- Stafford loans are available subsidized and unsubsidized. With this loan the government will pay the interest during deferment. If the loan is unsubsidized, interest will continue to accrue.
- Plus loans are the only federal loans that require good credit. These loans are obtained by parents for their children in undergrad or grad programs.
- Perkins loans come directly from schools. The school can (and often do) hire debt collectors for repayment. The school can also transfer collection efforts to the Department of Education
- **Please note that we are not taking federal student loan cases at this time. For information on how to deal with your federal student loans, we recommend you visit the government’s website at https://studentaid.gov/.
Private Student Loans
- These are loans provided by other companies and organizations that are not backed by the government. It can be difficult to distinguish private student loans from federal student loans, because they may be serviced by the same company (like Navient). Private student loans can be settled for less or sometimes discharged in bankruptcy.
It’s important to start today with a free consultation to understand your options, stop collection efforts and develop a plan for financial freedom. Call now to schedule your free private student loan consultation: 404-913-6992.
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm