In addition to bankruptcy, we also handle Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) cases. The FDCPA is a federal law that keeps debt collectors honest. We use it to make sure you are treated fairly when someone tries to collect a debt from you.
Debt collectors are prohibited from doing any of the following:
- Threatening to arrest you for not paying a bill
- Misleading you as to the character or amount of the debt
- Failing to validate the debt when you ask
- Calling your family, friends, neighbors or employers to collect a debt
- Leaving abusive phone messages
- Insulting, yelling or swearing at you
- Calling your workplace after telling the collector not to call you there
- Lying, threatening, or otherwise harassing you in any way
If you have suffered from any of these abusive bill collection practices, you may be entitled to compensation. We can help any consumer who is currently in collections, or has suffered from collection harassment. Call us today for a free consultation about your collection harassment case.